Emigration Museum in Gdynia is committed to making its website(s) accessible, in accordance with the Act of April 4, 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public bodies. The accessibility statement applies to the website Emigration Museum in Gdynia online store.
- Date of website publication:
- Date of last major update:
This website is partially compliant with the Act of April 4, 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies due to the following non-compliances:.
- low contrast between background and text,
- no alternative descriptions for some photos and images.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
- This statement was prepared on:
- Data ostatniego przeglądu deklaracji:
The accessibility Statement was created on the basis of a self-assessment carried out by the public sector body.
Feedback and contact information
Provide the contact information of the person responsible for accessibility and for processing requests Marta Otrębska, e-mail: email@example.com, phone number: 586704156, text messages: 539998937.
Everyone has the right:
- submit a comments on the digital accessibility of the website or its element,
- submit a request to ensure the digital accessibility of a website or its element,
- request that non-accessible information be made accessible in alternative form.
The request must include:
- contact details of the reporting person,
- indication of the website or its element which the request relates,
- indication of a convenient form of providing information, if the request concerns disclosure of inaccessible information in an alternative form.
Consideration of the notification should take place immediately, at the latest within 7 days. If it is not possible to provide accessibility or an alternative form within this period, it will take place no later than 2 months from the date of notification.
Complaints and appeals
If the public sector body refuses to comply with the request to provide accessibility or an alternative method of access to information, the person submitting the request may submit a complaint regarding the provision of digital accessibility of a website, mobile application or their elements. After exhausting the above-mentioned procedure, is possibility to submit an application to the Ombudsman.
Headquarters of the Emigration Museum in Gdynia, ul. Polska 1, Gdynia 81-339
The museum has 2 entrances.
The main entrance located in the centre of the front wall of the building. The main entrance can be reached by means of a staircase consisting of 7 steps. The stairs are 200 cm wide and are equipped with 6 handrails. The central leaf of the entrance is 110 cm wide.
Wheelchair users, people with crutches and walkers, and families with children in prams can use the entrance located on the left side of the building.
There is a ramp leading up to it, angled at around 7 degrees and equipped with a guard rail. The main wing of the side entrance door is 96 cm wide.
There is a bell with a button on the left side of the door. If you need assistance at the entrance, for example when opening the door – ring the bell and wait for the security employee.
In the car park in front of the Museum, there is one parking space for people with disabilities, right next to the ramp for people in wheelchairs.
Entry with an assistance dog and a guide dog
You can enter the building and all its rooms with an assistance dog or a guide dog.
There are two elevators in the building. One elevator is located at the side entrance to the building. It leads: to the cloakroom located on level -1, to the ground floor, where there are ticket offices, bookstore and bistro, to the first floor of the building, where the museum’s offices are located, to the second floor of the building, where the museum’s offices, cinema room and restaurant Mondo di Vinegre are located.
The second lift is located in the entrance hall of the building, opposite the main entrance, and to the right of the staircase. It leads to the first floor, where there is a permanent exhibition as well as the multimedia room and the temporary exhibition room.
The museum building has 5 toilets adapted to the needs of people with disabilities:
- on the ground floor in the main hall, to the right of the stairs opposite the main entrance to the museum,
- on the first and second floors next to the offices,
- on the first floor at the end of the corridor located to the left of the permanent exhibition,
- in the exhibition section – between the section devoted to World War II and Siberia and the room devoted to the history of the Polish diaspora and Poles living in different parts of the world.
The toilets on the ground floor, next to the permanent exhibition and in the exhibition section also include changing tables.
The maneuvering area in the toilets is 107 cm x 180 cm.
Polish sign language
In the Emigration Museum in Gdynia, you can use the help of an online polish sign language interpreter via the Migam service.
Induction loops are installed in the ticket office and bookstore.
The alarm system includes sound and visuals in the form of red flashing lamps placed on the side walls of the Museum space.
During the alarm, fire curtains in the Transit Warehouse corridor and at the exhibition are also automatically dropped.
The evacuation procedure of the Museum includes an evacuation path for people with disabilities. The museum is equipped with four mattresses and one chair for the evacuation of people with mobility disabilities.
You can find more information about our accessibility in the Accessibility tab.